Praise God For Who He is
- ‘Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint’ (Isaiah 40:28-31). Give thanks that in a turbulent and unpredictable world, God is in control and we can have complete security in Him; even though we tire and are weak, He never tires and is always strong.
Pray for the World
- Philippines. Pray for the peace and stability of this diverse and multi-ethnic country. As Islam spreads in Malaysia and gains greater influence and control, pray for the protection of religious freedoms. Pray that harsh sharia laws would not be imposed that would detrimentally affect ethnic minorities, or the work of Christian ministry. Pray that even in difficult circumstances that the gospel will continue to be spread in Malaysia, that Christians will persevere in faith and hope.
- Pray for the restraint of COVID-19 in many places of the world that are being heavily affected by the virus. Pray for healing of the sick, perseverance for medical workers, wise government policies to meet the challenges, and the effective distribution of vaccines.
- Pray for families under pressure in HK whether through insufficient income or inadequate housing, expectations from work or schooling that bring anxiety, relationships under strain, or hostility in the home. Pray that our homes may be places of peace and refuge, of understanding and love, of growth in character. Pray for wise government policies that seek to support families and provide for their needs.
- Give thanks for our fathers on Father’s Day: for their provision and example, their encouragement and support. Pray that fathers across our city can be men of integrity and honesty, gentleness and self-control, seeking to persevere in caring for their families. Pray for Christian fathers, that they would point their children to Jesus, through their words, actions, example, and priorities.
- Give thanks for those being baptised this Sunday and giving testimony to their faith in Jesus. Pray that they will remain faithful to Jesus and to their promises, and that they will grow in their faith and bear much fruit.
- Give thanks for our elderly care ministry. Give thanks for those who have come to faith through the Cantonese Alpha course, for the opportunities to grow faith through the Silverzone teaching program. Pray for this community as they care for, support, and encourage each other, and for Juliana, Peter and others as they serve in this ministry.