Praise God For Who He is
‘The law of the Lord is perfect, refreshing the soul. The statutes of the Lord are trustworthy, making wise the simple…. By them your servant is warned; in keeping them there is great reward. But who can discern their own errors? Forgive my hidden faults. Keep your servant also from wilful sins; may they not rule over me. Then I will be blameless, innocent of great transgression. May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer’ (Psalm 19:7, 11-14). Give thanks for the perfection and grace of God’s Word. Pray that we would be people who love his Word, seeking to follow it in our lives.
Pray for the World
- South Korea. Give thanks that the gospel has spread widely in this country in the last 70 years, and for the freedom of worship. Pray for the training of godly Christian teachers and pastors, and for the biblical maturity of churches. Pray that Christians would grow in godliness, proclaim Christ boldly, and give active expression to their faith.
- As COVID-19 continues to afflict many countries, pray for restraint of this epidemic, for sensible and effective policies and measures to be used by authorities, and for healing and safety. In these times where people around the world have a common fear of this virus and its consequences, pray also for a common desire in seeking the truth about God and asking the bigger questions in life.
- Pray for Christians in the workplace, that we would not compartmentalise our faith to Sundays, but give active expression to our faith in Jesus. Give thanks for the relationships we have with co-workers, how we can serve them and others through our work, contributing to the good of society. Pray that we would honour God in our work, doing our jobs with excellence and integrity, and through our example and words pointing people to the hope we have in Jesus.
- During this season when our city is focussed on COVID-19, pray that the needs of the refugee and asylum seeker, the poor and homeless, and the marginalised are not neglected. Pray for adequate shelter, educational and health provisions, and that resolutions can be found to their problems. Pray for those organisations and charities that work to care for the marginalised, for Christian Action Centre for Refugees, for St Barnabas’ Home and Society, and for Inner City Ministries.
- Pray that we would be people who use our words well: that in our witness to Jesus in our workplace, we would be gracious, wise, and bold in how we share the gospel and relate with our co-workers; in our relationships with our family and friends, we would always be prepared to give a reason for the hope that we have in Jesus; and that we would be quick to serve others with our words, providing encouragement and godly wisdom.
- Pray for the upcoming ‘Life Explored’ course: that we would prayerfully invite people to attend this course to hear the gospel of Jesus; that the gospel will be faithfully proclaimed and people come to know and accept this life changing message.
- Give thanks for our community at St Andrew’s. Pray that we would be people who give active expression to our faith in Jesus; and that we would be deeply connected to one another in mutual support and care.