Praise God For Who He is
- ‘Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade. This inheritance is kept in heaven for you… In all this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials’ (1 Peter 1:3-4, 6). Give thanks for the living hope that we have through Jesus’ resurrection from the dead, and that this living hope brings joy and comfort through times of grief and trial.
Pray for the World
- Vietnam. Pray for opportunities for the gospel as Vietnam opens up and economic progress continues. Give thanks for the growing church and for the many opportunities to question the lure of materialism and political ideologies. Pray for the training of godly and wise church leaders, who are able to teach God’s Word faithfully and build up God’s people.
- Pray for peace in Myanmar, especially in light of the military coup recently. Pray for the restraint of violence, a swift resolution to the crisis, for justice to be done, and for the military authorities to seek the good of the people.
- Give thanks for the development and deployment of COVID vaccines in many places. Pray for the safe, rapid, and equitable administration of the vaccines, especially to poorer countries. Continue to pray for the healing of the sick, the protection of health workers, comfort for the grieving, and for wise government policies in response to COVID.
- In light of further concerns last weekend surrounding arrests and the political transformation in HK, pray for wise for HK’s leaders, and for justice and integrity in political process. Pray that in this time of continued anxiety and concern over HK’s future, Christians will be a unified in calm and gracious witness, and that people across the city may turn to Jesus.
- Pray for the effective care of the elderly in HK, whether through families or elderly care homes. Pray for elderly care home providers like the HKSKH Welfare Council; that these homes may be communities of support, care, and dignity.
- Give thanks for our elderly care ministry. Give thanks for those who have come to faith through the Cantonese Alpha course, for the opportunities to grow faith through the Silverzone teaching program. Pray for this community as they deal with the effects of social distancing restrictions, and for Juliana, Peter and others as they serve in this ministry.
- Give thanks for our Growth Groups, these small communities of learning, prayer, and mutual support. Give thanks that our groups can still meet online to encourage one another during this difficult season. Pray that members of these groups will grow in faith and holiness. Pray for the leaders of these groups to be wise and godly, and for the continued development of new leaders and groups.