Praise God For Who He is
- Jesus is ‘the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy.For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross’ (Colossians 1:18-20). Give thanks that Jesus has supremacy over all things, and that he rules his church, giving his life for us. Pray that we would trust and delight in his sovereignty, and make Jesus the ruler of every part of our lives.
Pray for the World
- Ethiopia. Pray for peace in the country often crippled by war and famine. Pray for a peaceful resolution to the crisis in Tigray, in the country’s north. Pray for provision of the Eritrean refugees in this area who have run out of food, and for relief from the pending famine. Give thanks for the growth of the church in Ethiopia. Pray that Christians in this country would be unified and proclaim the gospel clearly and faithfully.
- Pray for the restraint of COVID-19, especially in many countries that are suffering high infection rates. Pray for the rapid, equitable, and effective deployment of the vaccines. Pray for adequate resources and protection for those treating the ill, healing for the afflicted, and comfort for the grieving.
- Pray for the Christian church across Hong Kong. Pray that Christians would stand firm in the truths found in Scripture, steadfast in our hope in Jesus Christ, and live holy lives in our city so that people will give glory to God. Pray that in these anxious times, we would not be given over to division, but keep the bonds on unity we have in Jesus and give joyful witness to him. Pray that pastors and leaders in HK will faithfully teach God’s word and model godliness in their lives.
- Pray for Christians in the workplace, that we would not compartmentalise our faith to Sundays, but give active expression to our faith in Jesus. Give thanks for the relationships we have with co-workers, how we can serve them and others through our work, contributing to the good of society. Pray that we would honour God in our work, doing our jobs with excellence and integrity, and through our example and words pointing people to the hope we have in Jesus.
- Give thanks for our church community, that God has brought us together from different backgrounds and situations to be brothers and sisters in Christ. Pray that we’ll each be proactive in building our community. Pray that we can be a community deeply connected to one another, forming close friendships, and speaking the truth in love to each other.
- Pray for our current ‘Christianity Explored’ course: that participants would feel comfortable asking their questions about life and faith; that they’d understand the gospel and accept Jesus as Saviour and Lord. Give thanks for the opportunities that we have to share the gospel with others. As we were challenged recently, pray that we’d be active in the ‘Fives’: to pray for five people, talk to five people about Jesus, and invite five people to church.