Praise God For Who He is
‘This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers and sisters’ (1 John 3:16). Give thanks for the immeasurable and sacrificial love of God in Jesus Christ, that he doesn’t treat us as our sins deserve, but treats us with grace and generosity. Pray that we would respond to Jesus’ self-giving love, with lives of grace and sacrificial generosity to those around us.
Pray for the World
- Thailand. Pray for its peace and stability amidst the current protests, political turmoil, and unrest. Pray for continuing efforts to fight against the corruption and oppression of the drugs and sex trades. Pray for opportunities for the spread of the gospel in this predominantly Buddhist country. Pray for the small but vibrant church in Thailand, that it might be a faithful witness to Christ.
- Pray for relief and recovery in the Philippines following the devastating typhoons and floods. Pray that help is received where it is most needed; for peace and comfort for the grieving and healing for the injured.
- Give thanks that HK is a diverse and multi-cultural city. Pray for the plight of the ethnic minorities, refugees and asylum seekers in HK, as they struggle with poverty, unemployment, and social difficulties. Pray that their needs would be understood and provided for, and their concerns given a voice. Pray that we who have so much will be generous in seeking to care for those who have little.
- Pray for those who have been affected by the recent fire in Canton Rd in Yau Ma Tei. Pray for comfort for the grieving, healing for the injured, and provision for those who’ve lost their homes.
- Pray for the ‘Inner City Ministries’ (ICM), which seeks to minister to ethnic minorities, especially the Nepalese and South-Asian communities in the Yau Tsim Mong area. Pray for Emmanuel and the team, for wisdom, provision and perseverance as they seek to care for the poor and share the love of Christ to them.
- Pray for our daughter churches, Shatin Anglican church led by Rev Heewoo Han, and Resurrection Church led by Rev Lucas Durant. Pray for these communities, that they would be bound together in love and faith in Christ, that they would give active witness to their faith, and that they would seek to use their time, treasures and talents for God’s kingdom.
- Pray that we would continue to be a community of mutual support and love for one another. Even though we come from different backgrounds, we have a deep common bond in Jesus Christ. In these difficult times, pray that we would stay connected to one another, provide practical care, and point one another to Jesus.