Last week was the last time kids would have seen all the volunteers dressed up as Knights! We pray that this visual way of learning about armour would remind them of the spiritual armour we can put on daily. The children learned about the helmet of salvation and how a helmet protects one’s head, eyes and ears. We pray for their salvation, and as they put on the helmet of salvation, it will protect their thinking, how they view the world and grow in discernment to distinguish lies from God’s truth as they grow in faith.
Reminder for 2011 Groups
Please reserve a KIDZONE ticket for your child as usual for 3 July.
Please drop your child off at KIDZONE and pick them up from KIDZONE as usual.
One of the volunteers will take the 2011 group up to Youth from Kidzone at 9:45 am and 11:45 am and bring them back to Kidzone, where you will collect them.
If they arrive after 9:45/11:45 am, unfortunately, they will miss visiting Youth.
Please note: This is, unfortunately, the only day we can schedule a visit, and there won’t be another opportunity to visit Youth as Youth will have a summer break for the rest of July and August. Kidzone, however, will continue as usual, and your 2011 kids will continue to attend Kidzone in July and August until they move up to Youth on the first Sunday of September. Our Youth Director will contact you regarding registering your child for Youth in late August.
What the children will learn
- Creche: Will learn that Jesus can help and heal us by hearing the story of him healing a sick little girl, Mark 5.
- 2018+2017: Will learn that we can listen to God and talk to God based on Hannah’s prayer, 1 Samuel 1:1-20.
- 2016+2015: Will learn God knows our needs by looking at Matthew 6:25-34; Luke 12:22-31.
- 2014+2013: Will learn we gather together because we believe in Jesus by looking at Acts 1:12-14; 2:1-14, 21-24, 32-47; 1 Corinthians 16:19.
- 2012: Will learn we can worship God with respect and wonder by looking at 2 Chronicles 29:1-19; John 4:21, 24.
Lastly, we give thanks to God for Anita Ho, one of our Pastoral Children’s Workers, who has faithfully served with us for the past two and a half years. Anita has been a blessing to this ministry, and we wish her well as she moves on to serve the Lord in Mexico.
We are looking for a new part-time Children’s Ministries Pastoral worker.Click here for more information.
Have a blessed weekend.
If you would like to learn more about what’s happening in our community, receive stories, scripture reading, prayer points and catch up on previous sermons, click to subscribe.