Handle with Care
An Introduction to the Inductive Bible Study Method
Dates: 14 Tuesdays from August 21 – December 11 (no class on 25 September, 13 & 20 November)
Time: 7.30 – 9.20pm
Venue: 1/F Hall, St Andrew’s Christian Centre
(St. Andrew’s members will be refunded at the end of the course if class attendance is over 50%.) Please make cheque payable to “St. Andrew’s Church”.
Application deadline: 6 August
Th.M., Dallas Theological Seminary
Goals of the course:
- To equip Christians to be more competent in reading the Bible.
- To discover the joy and excitement of Bible study.
- To introduce different Bible study methods and applications.
Requirements of the course:
- Be punctual and try to attend all sessions. Each session builds on the previous session, so that if you miss too many sessions, it will be hard for you to keep up.
- Try to do the weekly assignments. These will help you put into practice what you have learned and should take about an hour or so per week.
- Students who have attended at least 12 sessions of the course can apply for a Certificate of Completion issued by Evangel Seminary.
Introductory Bible Study
Goals and Requirements of the Course
Overview of Inductive Method
Insights from Acts 1:8
Insights from Ephesians 1:15-23
Making an Analytical Chart
Insights from Isaiah 5:8-17
Insights from Philippians 1:12-18a
Insights from Matthew 6:5-14
Making a Survey Chart
Insights from Matthew 5-7
Insights from Jonah
Task and Principles of Interpretation
Bridging the Historical Gap
Insights from Obadiah
Writing an Interpretive Outline
Outlining Philippians 1:21-26
Bridging the Cultural Gap
Insights from Psalm 2